Thursday, August 2, 2007

Paper flowers

I used to make tons of paper flowers when I was growing up. Our school principal had this grand utopic vision of transforming the whole school into a garden of sorts. To achieve this, the entire school (including parents and teachers) was mobilised to make tons of paper bouquets. We had to surrender our paper flowers to our arts and crafts teacher each week for grading and decorating purposes. I somehow forgot all about this, until I saw these beautiful handmade tissue flowers at Martha Stewart Crafts! I really think they are gorgeous and my hands are itching again to make some for my dressing table and a friend who is getting married soon.

If you are interested in learning how to make these, you can actually purchase the starter kits. One is for smaller, delicate tissue flowers, while the other is for larger hanging versions.

1 comment:

WendyB said...

OMG! I used to love making those.