Monday, August 6, 2007

Retro inspired deco

I love to mix things up and have fun when I design. Usually, I like to start with a modern and neutral base and then layer it with things that I find in different places to add texture, colour and personality to a space. Recently, I have been drawn to the quirky colours and patterns of retro inspired interiors and fabrics. Check out these retro cool rooms I found!

(above) "Orla Keily classic package" by Luxe Interiors. I love the way the fresh olive green on the walls is repeated in the pattern on the rug in the living room. The warmth of the oak wood really stands out well in the sea of lively colours and retro inspired fabrics by Orla Kiely.
(above) Jon's 60's Retro Bedroom ( via Apartment Therapy). I am so drawn and inspired by the colours in this room.

If you're looking for some vintage reproduction and retro themed fabrics, you can find them at Repro Depot in the US or Pluck in Singapore. Some of the fabrics you find in these places will make wonderful wall hangings, cushions, shower curtains and upholstery. You can even snip them up and frame them in a lovely photo frame to jazz up a wall.

(above) fabrics from Repro Depot.


(above) fabrics and wallpaper from Pluck (images from Fashionisspinach)

No comments: